If you thought Malcolm X was radical, wait until you see the fire burning in the eyes of PreauXX. In the Steven Simpson-directed video for Malcolm 2XXs (”By any means necessary/Malcolm, 2 X’s”), the Memphis native warns all circus acts, who are somehow being passed off for rappers, that he has no qualms about calling them out as he writes the Book of Underdog. His phenomenal breath control and the ferocity in his voice reflect the calculated, merciless nature of a cold blooded killer. This could be lyrical homicide for the whack. And the dark, brooding bass throughout the track, with hectic 8-bit melodies from IMAKEMADBEATS, truly make this a theme song for the Devil’s Advocate… literally. Expect more adrenaline-filled music from PreauXX on his upcoming EP, Die Winning (out May 13).
Written by Bryan H on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lonely Famous" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.