If you thought Malcolm X was radical, wait until you see the fire burning in the eyes of PreauXX. In the Steven Simpson-directed video for Malcolm 2XXs (”By any means necessary/Malcolm, 2 X’s”), the Memphis native warns all circus acts, who are somehow being passed off for rappers, that he has no qualms about calling them out as he writes the Book of Underdog. His phenomenal breath control and the ferocity in his voice reflect the calculated, merciless nature of a cold blooded killer. This could be lyrical homicide for the whack. And the dark, brooding bass throughout the track, with hectic 8-bit melodies from IMAKEMADBEATS, truly make this a theme song for the Devil’s Advocate… literally. Expect more adrenaline-filled music from PreauXX on his upcoming EP, Die Winning (out May 13).
Written by Bryan H on 04/23/14
Some rappers aspire to get rich or die trying. PreauXX? He just wants to Die Winning. In service of that goal, the New Orleans-born, Memphis-bred rhymesayer has unleashed a new street album featuring 12 tracks' worth of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lonely Famous" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.