If you thought Malcolm X was radical, wait until you see the fire burning in the eyes of PreauXX. In the Steven Simpson-directed video for Malcolm 2XXs (”By any means necessary/Malcolm, 2 X’s”), the Memphis native warns all circus acts, who are somehow being passed off for rappers, that he has no qualms about calling them out as he writes the Book of Underdog. His phenomenal breath control and the ferocity in his voice reflect the calculated, merciless nature of a cold blooded killer. This could be lyrical homicide for the whack. And the dark, brooding bass throughout the track, with hectic 8-bit melodies from IMAKEMADBEATS, truly make this a theme song for the Devil’s Advocate… literally. Expect more adrenaline-filled music from PreauXX on his upcoming EP, Die Winning (out May 13).
Written by Bryan H on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lonely Famous" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.