If you thought Malcolm X was radical, wait until you see the fire burning in the eyes of PreauXX. In the Steven Simpson-directed video for Malcolm 2XXs (”By any means necessary/Malcolm, 2 X’s”), the Memphis native warns all circus acts, who are somehow being passed off for rappers, that he has no qualms about calling them out as he writes the Book of Underdog. His phenomenal breath control and the ferocity in his voice reflect the calculated, merciless nature of a cold blooded killer. This could be lyrical homicide for the whack. And the dark, brooding bass throughout the track, with hectic 8-bit melodies from IMAKEMADBEATS, truly make this a theme song for the Devil’s Advocate… literally. Expect more adrenaline-filled music from PreauXX on his upcoming EP, Die Winning (out May 13).
Written by Bryan H on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lonely Famous" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.