Now that Little Brother is no more, is Rapper Big Pooh going to set down the mic and take a breather? Don’t be “redic!” Not only is the North Carolina native hard at work on the solo tip, he’s also been cooking up plenty of collaborative material – including No Surrender, the latest single off beatsmith Explizit One‘s forthcoming full-length. Over the Massachusetts producer’s tension-fraught piano backdrop, Pooh hits the mic with laid-back determination, effortlessly dropping polysyllabic rhymes and even managing to work in a Punch-Out reference: “Got a concrete stare and a three-piece grin / Glass Joe, let me see your chin.” Boston native (and exclusive freestyle series contributor) M-Dot takes over where Pooh leaves off, lacing the track’s latter half with equally on-point braggadocio, and DJ Family Tyz ties it all together with some authentic cuts on the chorus (sampled from Jadakiss’ Time’s Up). Never Surrendering and much more will be found on Explizit’s Out My Mama’s Basement LP, set to hit record stores and online retailers “soon.”
Written by richard on 07/13/10
Submit your Rating
For Members Only
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Comeback" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)