A, B, C, D, E, F—oh, now I get it. If you, like yours truly, had to mentally recite the alphabet up to the 7th Letter before you understood the title of Polyester the Saint‘s latest feature, smart money says you’re not a G, and therefore not the record’s intended audience. But, hey—I won’t tell if you won’t. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this newly-leaked standout off the L.A. artist/producer’s Booth-sponsored street album finds him channeling a little 1990’s G-Funk. Backed by his own slow-rolling, flute-laced sample work, Polyester spits a fittingly laid-back, nonchalant chronicle of his hustle, emphasizing the quality of his product as well as his facility with the ladies. A natural choice given the cut’s theme, Freddie Gibbs follows the headliner with a little of his trademark tough-talk, and Bad Lucc brings the record home with a lazily-drawled closing contribution. (Shades of Snoop?) Does this gangster throwback leave you craving more fresh tunes? You’re in luck—Real Deal P, Polyester’s third solo project, hit our mixtape page today for free stream and download.
Written by richard on 03/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.