A, B, C, D, E, F—oh, now I get it. If you, like yours truly, had to mentally recite the alphabet up to the 7th Letter before you understood the title of Polyester the Saint‘s latest feature, smart money says you’re not a G, and therefore not the record’s intended audience. But, hey—I won’t tell if you won’t. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this newly-leaked standout off the L.A. artist/producer’s Booth-sponsored street album finds him channeling a little 1990’s G-Funk. Backed by his own slow-rolling, flute-laced sample work, Polyester spits a fittingly laid-back, nonchalant chronicle of his hustle, emphasizing the quality of his product as well as his facility with the ladies. A natural choice given the cut’s theme, Freddie Gibbs follows the headliner with a little of his trademark tough-talk, and Bad Lucc brings the record home with a lazily-drawled closing contribution. (Shades of Snoop?) Does this gangster throwback leave you craving more fresh tunes? You’re in luck—Real Deal P, Polyester’s third solo project, hit our mixtape page today for free stream and download.
Written by richard on 03/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.