A, B, C, D, E, F—oh, now I get it. If you, like yours truly, had to mentally recite the alphabet up to the 7th Letter before you understood the title of Polyester the Saint‘s latest feature, smart money says you’re not a G, and therefore not the record’s intended audience. But, hey—I won’t tell if you won’t. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this newly-leaked standout off the L.A. artist/producer’s Booth-sponsored street album finds him channeling a little 1990’s G-Funk. Backed by his own slow-rolling, flute-laced sample work, Polyester spits a fittingly laid-back, nonchalant chronicle of his hustle, emphasizing the quality of his product as well as his facility with the ladies. A natural choice given the cut’s theme, Freddie Gibbs follows the headliner with a little of his trademark tough-talk, and Bad Lucc brings the record home with a lazily-drawled closing contribution. (Shades of Snoop?) Does this gangster throwback leave you craving more fresh tunes? You’re in luck—Real Deal P, Polyester’s third solo project, hit our mixtape page today for free stream and download.
Written by richard on 03/13/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.