A, B, C, D, E, F—oh, now I get it. If you, like yours truly, had to mentally recite the alphabet up to the 7th Letter before you understood the title of Polyester the Saint‘s latest feature, smart money says you’re not a G, and therefore not the record’s intended audience. But, hey—I won’t tell if you won’t. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this newly-leaked standout off the L.A. artist/producer’s Booth-sponsored street album finds him channeling a little 1990’s G-Funk. Backed by his own slow-rolling, flute-laced sample work, Polyester spits a fittingly laid-back, nonchalant chronicle of his hustle, emphasizing the quality of his product as well as his facility with the ladies. A natural choice given the cut’s theme, Freddie Gibbs follows the headliner with a little of his trademark tough-talk, and Bad Lucc brings the record home with a lazily-drawled closing contribution. (Shades of Snoop?) Does this gangster throwback leave you craving more fresh tunes? You’re in luck—Real Deal P, Polyester’s third solo project, hit our mixtape page today for free stream and download.
Written by richard on 03/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.