When it comes to beating the Los Angeles heat, there’s nothing better than a high-quality Polyester blend. No, I’m not talking about the moisture-wicking powers of Under Armour, though I’m sure that would help, too; I’m talking about Polyester the rapper/producer/ singer/songwriter, an up-and-comer whose fresh tunes facilitate Chillin’ in even the most sweltering weather. This joint, a standout cut off his latest full-length, finds the musical jack-of-all-trades hooking up with a few equally talented collaborators to spread his message of peace and love across the whole damn galaxy. Over his and Fresh Chuck‘s exotically laid-back samples, the headliner rocks the mic in eccentric style, brushing off the haters as he details his globetrotting lifestyle. Cali femcee Marz Lovejoy steps up to the mic for a little telephonic line-trading and a blasé middle verse, and fellow L.A. native Casey Veggies brings the record home with a drawled chronicle of his hustle. Digging this left-of-center banger? More good vibrations await on debut full-length Peace Love Unity Respect, released Dec. 7, and available now via iHipHop.
Written by richard on 12/13/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"7th Letter" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)