When it comes to beating the Los Angeles heat, there’s nothing better than a high-quality Polyester blend. No, I’m not talking about the moisture-wicking powers of Under Armour, though I’m sure that would help, too; I’m talking about Polyester the rapper/producer/ singer/songwriter, an up-and-comer whose fresh tunes facilitate Chillin’ in even the most sweltering weather. This joint, a standout cut off his latest full-length, finds the musical jack-of-all-trades hooking up with a few equally talented collaborators to spread his message of peace and love across the whole damn galaxy. Over his and Fresh Chuck‘s exotically laid-back samples, the headliner rocks the mic in eccentric style, brushing off the haters as he details his globetrotting lifestyle. Cali femcee Marz Lovejoy steps up to the mic for a little telephonic line-trading and a blasé middle verse, and fellow L.A. native Casey Veggies brings the record home with a drawled chronicle of his hustle. Digging this left-of-center banger? More good vibrations await on debut full-length Peace Love Unity Respect, released Dec. 7, and available now via iHipHop.
Written by richard on 12/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"7th Letter" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.