Hip-hop collaborations aren’t a new thing to Pollyn - they’ve worked with rappers Guilty Simpson and Freddie Gibbs - so for their first DJ Booth feature the Los Angeles-based experimental electronic-pop trio offers up a dark and rapid paced collaboration with rapper Roc Marciano on Cold Sweat. The song begins with a simple sample loop before launching into the sultry singing of lead vocalist Genevieve Artadi and a retro sounding, high-tempo back beat and bass line. Marciano has the task of filling up the verses and the bridge, giving several warnings while also showing respect to the block, scotch, marijuana and a barrage of rhymes that do justice to his ability to rap over anything. Cold Sweat was recorded during the sessions for their new album, dropping October 4 and titled Living In Patterns, but it didn’t make the cut, instead being used as a B-side single intended to create more excitement for the project. Did Pollyn’s plan work?
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.