Hip-hop collaborations aren’t a new thing to Pollyn - they’ve worked with rappers Guilty Simpson and Freddie Gibbs - so for their first DJ Booth feature the Los Angeles-based experimental electronic-pop trio offers up a dark and rapid paced collaboration with rapper Roc Marciano on Cold Sweat. The song begins with a simple sample loop before launching into the sultry singing of lead vocalist Genevieve Artadi and a retro sounding, high-tempo back beat and bass line. Marciano has the task of filling up the verses and the bridge, giving several warnings while also showing respect to the block, scotch, marijuana and a barrage of rhymes that do justice to his ability to rap over anything. Cold Sweat was recorded during the sessions for their new album, dropping October 4 and titled Living In Patterns, but it didn’t make the cut, instead being used as a B-side single intended to create more excitement for the project. Did Pollyn’s plan work?
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!