Hip-hop collaborations aren’t a new thing to Pollyn - they’ve worked with rappers Guilty Simpson and Freddie Gibbs - so for their first DJ Booth feature the Los Angeles-based experimental electronic-pop trio offers up a dark and rapid paced collaboration with rapper Roc Marciano on Cold Sweat. The song begins with a simple sample loop before launching into the sultry singing of lead vocalist Genevieve Artadi and a retro sounding, high-tempo back beat and bass line. Marciano has the task of filling up the verses and the bridge, giving several warnings while also showing respect to the block, scotch, marijuana and a barrage of rhymes that do justice to his ability to rap over anything. Cold Sweat was recorded during the sessions for their new album, dropping October 4 and titled Living In Patterns, but it didn’t make the cut, instead being used as a B-side single intended to create more excitement for the project. Did Pollyn’s plan work?
Written by JC Poppe on 09/20/11
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.