Crazy – it’s been more than two years since Pol-B stepped into the Booth with his first feature, exclusive freestyle So Hard. Not that it matters to the Buffalo, N.Y. repper; when your goal is to create Timeless tunes, timeliness is essentially beside the point. In any case, this new single is a prime example of new-old-school freshness, with The Kaliphat serving up a bombastically brassy sample laced with spacey synth overtones, as the artist drops verses packed with retro-informed braggadocio. That’s not to say the up-and-comer doesn’t innovate – on the contrary, he showcases plenty of individuality, notably declaring “I’m the rap Barbara Streisand.“ While I don’t think anybody’s gonna fight him for that title, it is the ballsiest boast I’ve heard in a lo-o-ong minute. Topped off with the mathemagically smooth chorus vocals of rising soul songstress Algebra Blessett, this banger is just one of many fresh cuts set for inclusion on Pol-B’s Pol-Position street album, scheduled to hit the ‘net this fall.
Written by richard on 01/18/11
Ace Group Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Journey to Elegance" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.