Crazy – it’s been more than two years since Pol-B stepped into the Booth with his first feature, exclusive freestyle So Hard. Not that it matters to the Buffalo, N.Y. repper; when your goal is to create Timeless tunes, timeliness is essentially beside the point. In any case, this new single is a prime example of new-old-school freshness, with The Kaliphat serving up a bombastically brassy sample laced with spacey synth overtones, as the artist drops verses packed with retro-informed braggadocio. That’s not to say the up-and-comer doesn’t innovate – on the contrary, he showcases plenty of individuality, notably declaring “I’m the rap Barbara Streisand.“ While I don’t think anybody’s gonna fight him for that title, it is the ballsiest boast I’ve heard in a lo-o-ong minute. Topped off with the mathemagically smooth chorus vocals of rising soul songstress Algebra Blessett, this banger is just one of many fresh cuts set for inclusion on Pol-B’s Pol-Position street album, scheduled to hit the ‘net this fall.
Written by richard on 01/18/11
Submit your Rating
Ace Group Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Journey to Elegance" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.