Crazy – it’s been more than two years since Pol-B stepped into the Booth with his first feature, exclusive freestyle So Hard. Not that it matters to the Buffalo, N.Y. repper; when your goal is to create Timeless tunes, timeliness is essentially beside the point. In any case, this new single is a prime example of new-old-school freshness, with The Kaliphat serving up a bombastically brassy sample laced with spacey synth overtones, as the artist drops verses packed with retro-informed braggadocio. That’s not to say the up-and-comer doesn’t innovate – on the contrary, he showcases plenty of individuality, notably declaring “I’m the rap Barbara Streisand.“ While I don’t think anybody’s gonna fight him for that title, it is the ballsiest boast I’ve heard in a lo-o-ong minute. Topped off with the mathemagically smooth chorus vocals of rising soul songstress Algebra Blessett, this banger is just one of many fresh cuts set for inclusion on Pol-B’s Pol-Position street album, scheduled to hit the ‘net this fall.
Written by richard on 01/18/11
Submit your Rating
Ace Group Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Journey to Elegance" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.