Homer’s Odyssey, Alice’s Wonderland, Dorothy’s Oz, Harold & Kumar’s White Castle; each of these famous plots all share a common theme: the character’s embarkment on a prolonged (and epic) voyage. While these fictional protagonists manage to find what they were looking for, Pol B’s search for enlightenment in the music industry has just begun with his Journey to Elegance. Backed by a strong and slowly developing beat from Kaliphat, B shares with listeners the events that test an artist’s true strength and perseverance in the business, along with what his talent can bring to the table (“Put me in a box/ my wrapping makes it a gift/ when I’m delivering sh*t colder than Christmases”). While the Journey to Elegance may prove to be the shortest distance between two points for the Atlanta musician, his new mixtape, the Clocked Out Vol. 1 Mixtape, out now, gives us something to reminisce about during his grind to the top. As always, keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 11/10/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.