Homer’s Odyssey, Alice’s Wonderland, Dorothy’s Oz, Harold & Kumar’s White Castle; each of these famous plots all share a common theme: the character’s embarkment on a prolonged (and epic) voyage. While these fictional protagonists manage to find what they were looking for, Pol B’s search for enlightenment in the music industry has just begun with his Journey to Elegance. Backed by a strong and slowly developing beat from Kaliphat, B shares with listeners the events that test an artist’s true strength and perseverance in the business, along with what his talent can bring to the table (“Put me in a box/ my wrapping makes it a gift/ when I’m delivering sh*t colder than Christmases”). While the Journey to Elegance may prove to be the shortest distance between two points for the Atlanta musician, his new mixtape, the Clocked Out Vol. 1 Mixtape, out now, gives us something to reminisce about during his grind to the top. As always, keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 11/10/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.