Homer’s Odyssey, Alice’s Wonderland, Dorothy’s Oz, Harold & Kumar’s White Castle; each of these famous plots all share a common theme: the character’s embarkment on a prolonged (and epic) voyage. While these fictional protagonists manage to find what they were looking for, Pol B’s search for enlightenment in the music industry has just begun with his Journey to Elegance. Backed by a strong and slowly developing beat from Kaliphat, B shares with listeners the events that test an artist’s true strength and perseverance in the business, along with what his talent can bring to the table (“Put me in a box/ my wrapping makes it a gift/ when I’m delivering sh*t colder than Christmases”). While the Journey to Elegance may prove to be the shortest distance between two points for the Atlanta musician, his new mixtape, the Clocked Out Vol. 1 Mixtape, out now, gives us something to reminisce about during his grind to the top. As always, keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 11/10/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.