For a minute now, Lady Gaga‘s been the most eccentric songstress on the pop scene. Now, it looks like she may have a challenger. Sure, Poison Ivory may not wear raw meat, but she does do her laundry rocking a neon green/yellow wig, a Hawaiian shirt and heels, and that’s a damn good start. On new single Mr. Wonderful, the Australian-born singer showcases a musical style that’s just as unique as her image, if slightly less flashy. Over reggae-infused production by JMG, Ivory sarcastically sings the praises of men in power, alluding to issues like environmental destruction and wealth inequality. Zae Bear directs the accompanying visuals. Poison’ Ivory’s latest EP, The Filth, is available now online, and an official remix of this single, featuring “either Danny Brown or ScHoolboy,” is currently in the works.
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.