For a minute now, Lady Gaga‘s been the most eccentric songstress on the pop scene. Now, it looks like she may have a challenger. Sure, Poison Ivory may not wear raw meat, but she does do her laundry rocking a neon green/yellow wig, a Hawaiian shirt and heels, and that’s a damn good start. On new single Mr. Wonderful, the Australian-born singer showcases a musical style that’s just as unique as her image, if slightly less flashy. Over reggae-infused production by JMG, Ivory sarcastically sings the praises of men in power, alluding to issues like environmental destruction and wealth inequality. Zae Bear directs the accompanying visuals. Poison’ Ivory’s latest EP, The Filth, is available now online, and an official remix of this single, featuring “either Danny Brown or ScHoolboy,” is currently in the works.
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.