When it comes to collabo album titles it may not get any better than rapper Poe Mack and producer D.R.U.G.S.‘s upcoming Poe Mack on D.R.U.G.S. project, but the duo prove that in addition to creating clever titles, they can also make good music like Mistaken Fortune. The production on Fortune is different from the norm, but in a dope way, giving the beat a mixture of heavy piano and cymbal pieces that serves as the proper backdrop for Poe’s dark and heavy rhymes. Speaking of which, on the mic Mack proves he’s a gritty artist from rural Southern Virginia by talking about truly relatable things, his rough delivery and grainy voice bring the listener into a world they may not know much about. A hook by Rhaaz brings the track to a fantastic apex, just what the single needs to feel a little lighter. With some good fortune we’ll get to hear more singles ahead of the full Poe Mack on D.R.U.G.S. project.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.