When the meeting between Chip Tha Ripper, The Cool Kids and Freddie Gibbs first happened (on Oil Money), I’m positive they all decided the name for their supergroup should be something that aggravates everyone. Thus, Pulled Over By The Cops was officially born. While you may expect some militant stances and anger from the quartet, their first leak Authority is laid back with stripped down production from Blended Babies and swinging vocals courtesy of singer Nate Santos. The only lesson to take home from this collaborative effort: how to avoid harassment by the boys in blue. From Chuck Inglish’ tasteful comparison of his police record to your grammy’s crib on a Sunday morning to Freddie Gibbs delivering messages straight from the county to Chip dishing on how 5-0 will love to knock some sense into your head even if you’re track speed fast on the block, each member of POBTC gives you a different tale, all worthy of praise. With Bun B also set to join the group on a few go-rounds, expect this Midwest supergroup to start taking names soon. If they can duck the authorities, that is.
Written by Brando on 02/20/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.