Once simply associated with razor-thin attention spans and impulsive behavior, the term “ADHD” has been reclaimed by various recording artists as an emblem of freshness and innovation. Of course, the restless, novelty-seeking mindset that often yields musical gold isn’t such a positive in the realm of romantic relationships, which require focus and fidelity to keep alive. On current single Parachute, Booth newcomer Poach Stevens uses his marriage as a springboard for his reflections on the difficulty of maintaining trust in spite of past scars. Over his own production, centered around a lush yet pensive vocal-percussion loop sampled from Ingrid Michaelson’s record of the same title, the Richmond, Cali representative bemoans his wife’s constant suspicion of his motives—though he says and does all the right things, even keeping “a picture of us in [his] wallet,” she can’t seem to get over the idea that he’ll run off and, “sleep around with some floozie chicken.” Though this joint’s honesty is occasionally brutal, its heartfelt tone leaves no doubt that Stevens is just as committed to his woman as he is to artistic innovation. For more freshness, check out the artist’s ADHD EP when it drops August 15.
Written by richard on 07/10/11
Submit your Rating
God I'm Done with this Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bullets Through the Eyes & the Stars Fell Out" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.