If you like piña coladas, have I got a song for you! OK, I’m not sure if a taste for tropical drinks will equate to an appreciation for Plies latest single – personally, I prefer to enjoy my alcohol and fruity desserts separately – but I do know that the formula of “take a goofy, yet insanely catchy old song and put an even goofier, even catchier modern spin on it” has worked wonders for certain other artists (cough, Flo Rida). On She Got It Made, co-producers Clinton Sparks & Kamau Georges serve up a synth-fortified beat inspired by Rupert Holmes’s 1979 smash, Escape (If You Like Piña Coladas), as the Opa Locka native promises to treat one very lucky lady so well her friends’ll turn green with envy. Plies describes the luxuries he’s willing to provide in rhymes just repetitive enough to be instantly memorable: “If you like top-shelf, I can put it in your drink / If you need a little paper, I can put it in your bank / If you need a little sex, I can drop it in your tank…” (You get the picture.) If you like what you’re hearing, prepare to be spoiled rotten on May 24, when Plies fourth LP, Goon Affiliated, hits stores everywhere.
Listen to More: Plies
Written by richard on 03/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.