If you like piña coladas, have I got a song for you! OK, I’m not sure if a taste for tropical drinks will equate to an appreciation for Plies latest single – personally, I prefer to enjoy my alcohol and fruity desserts separately – but I do know that the formula of “take a goofy, yet insanely catchy old song and put an even goofier, even catchier modern spin on it” has worked wonders for certain other artists (cough, Flo Rida). On She Got It Made, co-producers Clinton Sparks & Kamau Georges serve up a synth-fortified beat inspired by Rupert Holmes’s 1979 smash, Escape (If You Like Piña Coladas), as the Opa Locka native promises to treat one very lucky lady so well her friends’ll turn green with envy. Plies describes the luxuries he’s willing to provide in rhymes just repetitive enough to be instantly memorable: “If you like top-shelf, I can put it in your drink / If you need a little paper, I can put it in your bank / If you need a little sex, I can drop it in your tank…” (You get the picture.) If you like what you’re hearing, prepare to be spoiled rotten on May 24, when Plies fourth LP, Goon Affiliated, hits stores everywhere.
Written by richard on 03/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.