After hearing Plies pay tribute to a woman/sexual euphemism with the borderline-unrhymable name of “Becky” on the lead single off his forthcoming Goon Affiliated LP, I was half expecting the rapper to one-up himself with a follow-up centered around, I dunno, oranges (hey, he is from Florida). Though I found that cut’s slight lyrical awkwardness hilarious, Booth readers who didn’t share my amusement will be happy to hear that second single Medicine is much, much lighter on the forced rhymes. If this mellow love jam rings a bell, there’s a good reason: a version of the record with Three 6 Mafia as the lead artist and Gucci Mane as guest feature was leaked to the ‘net back in July. Since then, the rights to Polow Da Don‘s tuneful, keyboard-driven beat have been purchased by Plies’ people at Atlantic Records, who also elected to retain Keri Hilson‘s silky-smooth chorus. With Plies’ sing-song sex talk and a catchy melody to boot, Medicine has undeniable hit potential, but will it be enough to cure Goon Affiliated‘s no-release-date-itis? For now, we can only speculate…
Written by richard on 10/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)