A good friend of mine recently won a ton of settlement money from a nasty car accident, so last week he splurged on so many new clothes that I jokingly asked him if he was selling drugs. Regardless of the source of his wealth, Plies’ new track Look Like could easily apply to my freshly dressed friend. Florida’s resident goon gangs up with Fabolous and the snowman himself, Jeezy, for this ode to expensive tastes. Look Like finds Plies basking in his new-found riches as he and his cohorts smoothly ride a slow-moving,hard-pounding production by Dynamic (for WMGI). Jeezy is up to his usual tricks as he cleverly rhymes about the life of expensive urges and shopping splurges, while Fabolous sounds extra comfortable on this track, serving up punchline after punchline as he lays down a highlight verse that utilizes his signature “What It Look Like” adlib to the fullest. It’s safe to say this will be the perfect soundtrack for my newly-rich buddy, but how will it fare in the Booth? Plies’ latest album Goon Affiliated will be available May 25.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.