A good friend of mine recently won a ton of settlement money from a nasty car accident, so last week he splurged on so many new clothes that I jokingly asked him if he was selling drugs. Regardless of the source of his wealth, Plies’ new track Look Like could easily apply to my freshly dressed friend. Florida’s resident goon gangs up with Fabolous and the snowman himself, Jeezy, for this ode to expensive tastes. Look Like finds Plies basking in his new-found riches as he and his cohorts smoothly ride a slow-moving,hard-pounding production by Dynamic (for WMGI). Jeezy is up to his usual tricks as he cleverly rhymes about the life of expensive urges and shopping splurges, while Fabolous sounds extra comfortable on this track, serving up punchline after punchline as he lays down a highlight verse that utilizes his signature “What It Look Like” adlib to the fullest. It’s safe to say this will be the perfect soundtrack for my newly-rich buddy, but how will it fare in the Booth? Plies’ latest album Goon Affiliated will be available May 25.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)