A good friend of mine recently won a ton of settlement money from a nasty car accident, so last week he splurged on so many new clothes that I jokingly asked him if he was selling drugs. Regardless of the source of his wealth, Plies’ new track Look Like could easily apply to my freshly dressed friend. Florida’s resident goon gangs up with Fabolous and the snowman himself, Jeezy, for this ode to expensive tastes. Look Like finds Plies basking in his new-found riches as he and his cohorts smoothly ride a slow-moving,hard-pounding production by Dynamic (for WMGI). Jeezy is up to his usual tricks as he cleverly rhymes about the life of expensive urges and shopping splurges, while Fabolous sounds extra comfortable on this track, serving up punchline after punchline as he lays down a highlight verse that utilizes his signature “What It Look Like” adlib to the fullest. It’s safe to say this will be the perfect soundtrack for my newly-rich buddy, but how will it fare in the Booth? Plies’ latest album Goon Affiliated will be available May 25.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.