According to most rappers, enticing women into bed is something they’d have to wear a lead-lined codpiece in order not to do—such is their level of raw animal magnetism. Consistent with his reputation as “Da Realist” emcee in the game, however, Plies is unashamed to admit that he has to beg for it on occasion. The lead single off the Fla. repper’s fifth album, Just (The Tip) depicts a scenario that pushy boyfriends and the women who love (or at least tolerate) them will find quite familiar. Backed by Da Internz’ soothing, piano-led grooves, Plies tries every line in the book in hopes of convincing his girl to let him in (“You ain’t even got to do nothin’, you can just lay there.”). Heavyweight guest Ludacris is characteristically suave on the back end, despite inexplicably name-dropping a dude who isn’t exactly known for making women (or anyone) feel safe: “I want to get to bitin’ like Tyson, nibblin’ on your ear.” Tied together with Jeremih‘s delicate falsetto chorus, this cut may not be your typical sex jam, but it certainly sounds the part. Has Plies successfully won you over with this insistent cut? Then keep it locked for the latest news and tunes leading up to his next LP, the yet-unscheduled Purple Heart.
Written by richard on 09/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.