According to most rappers, enticing women into bed is something they’d have to wear a lead-lined codpiece in order not to do—such is their level of raw animal magnetism. Consistent with his reputation as “Da Realist” emcee in the game, however, Plies is unashamed to admit that he has to beg for it on occasion. The lead single off the Fla. repper’s fifth album, Just (The Tip) depicts a scenario that pushy boyfriends and the women who love (or at least tolerate) them will find quite familiar. Backed by Da Internz’ soothing, piano-led grooves, Plies tries every line in the book in hopes of convincing his girl to let him in (“You ain’t even got to do nothin’, you can just lay there.”). Heavyweight guest Ludacris is characteristically suave on the back end, despite inexplicably name-dropping a dude who isn’t exactly known for making women (or anyone) feel safe: “I want to get to bitin’ like Tyson, nibblin’ on your ear.” Tied together with Jeremih‘s delicate falsetto chorus, this cut may not be your typical sex jam, but it certainly sounds the part. Has Plies successfully won you over with this insistent cut? Then keep it locked for the latest news and tunes leading up to his next LP, the yet-unscheduled Purple Heart.
Written by richard on 09/25/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)