A few weeks ago we announced that Plies had decided to tell the world about how he’s been “Runnin’ My Momma Crazy.” While a video was shot for the song, the single never seemed destined for radio success. In an attempt to piggyback the success from both Shawty and Hypnotized, Plies has shot a video for and is contemplating the release of the Jonathan “J.R.” Rotem-produced, I Am The Club. As Plies stated in an interview with DJBooth, a career in the rap game was never his intention. On I Am The Club he proves that statement true with an middle-of-the-pack flow dominated by Rotem’s addictive beat.
Written by DJ Z on 12/18/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.