A few weeks ago we announced that Plies had decided to tell the world about how he’s been “Runnin’ My Momma Crazy.” While a video was shot for the song, the single never seemed destined for radio success. In an attempt to piggyback the success from both Shawty and Hypnotized, Plies has shot a video for and is contemplating the release of the Jonathan “J.R.” Rotem-produced, I Am The Club. As Plies stated in an interview with DJBooth, a career in the rap game was never his intention. On I Am The Club he proves that statement true with an middle-of-the-pack flow dominated by Rotem’s addictive beat.
Written by DJ Z on 12/18/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.