A few weeks ago we announced that Plies had decided to tell the world about how he’s been “Runnin’ My Momma Crazy.” While a video was shot for the song, the single never seemed destined for radio success. In an attempt to piggyback the success from both Shawty and Hypnotized, Plies has shot a video for and is contemplating the release of the Jonathan “J.R.” Rotem-produced, I Am The Club. As Plies stated in an interview with DJBooth, a career in the rap game was never his intention. On I Am The Club he proves that statement true with an middle-of-the-pack flow dominated by Rotem’s addictive beat.
Written by DJ Z on 12/18/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)