A few weeks ago we announced that Plies had decided to tell the world about how he’s been “Runnin’ My Momma Crazy.” While a video was shot for the song, the single never seemed destined for radio success. In an attempt to piggyback the success from both Shawty and Hypnotized, Plies has shot a video for and is contemplating the release of the Jonathan “J.R.” Rotem-produced, I Am The Club. As Plies stated in an interview with DJBooth, a career in the rap game was never his intention. On I Am The Club he proves that statement true with an middle-of-the-pack flow dominated by Rotem’s addictive beat.
Written by DJ Z on 12/18/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.