Being a rich, famous rapper has its (obvious) perks, but there are also potential drawbacks. For one thing, you can’t walk into a club or down a public street without hearing the murmurs, whether admiring or hostile, of onlookers. Plies is used to being the subject of Gossip, but he doesn’t seem to be sweating it. On his latest promo single, the Florida mainstay expresses mild irritation at the haters, while exulting in the attention his celebrity status garners him from women. Joining the headliner over Drumma Boy‘s synth-strings and hi-hat rolls, Jeremih lends his vocals to the chorus. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Gossip is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on Plies’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.