Being a rich, famous rapper has its (obvious) perks, but there are also potential drawbacks. For one thing, you can’t walk into a club or down a public street without hearing the murmurs, whether admiring or hostile, of onlookers. Plies is used to being the subject of Gossip, but he doesn’t seem to be sweating it. On his latest promo single, the Florida mainstay expresses mild irritation at the haters, while exulting in the attention his celebrity status garners him from women. Joining the headliner over Drumma Boy‘s synth-strings and hi-hat rolls, Jeremih lends his vocals to the chorus. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Gossip is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on Plies’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.