Last week, when Plies joined me inside the DJBooth for an exclusive interview, he offered the following insight on his forthcoming new album, Da Realist: “I’m givin’ you something that helps you in the midst of your troubles and your pain.” Records like Family Straight and Second Chance are prime examples of the Florida native’s ability to connect with listeners by delving deeply into the daily life of your average Joe. When an artist (along with their label A&R) compiles an album, however, it also needs to include work that appeals to radio, the clubs, and, most importantly, music-purchasing females. Plies follows this plan to a tee on the fourth feature from his new album, Street Light, which features the crooning of singer/songwriter Sean Garrett and production work from Midnight Black.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.