Last week, when Plies joined me inside the DJBooth for an exclusive interview, he offered the following insight on his forthcoming new album, Da Realist: “I’m givin’ you something that helps you in the midst of your troubles and your pain.” Records like Family Straight and Second Chance are prime examples of the Florida native’s ability to connect with listeners by delving deeply into the daily life of your average Joe. When an artist (along with their label A&R) compiles an album, however, it also needs to include work that appeals to radio, the clubs, and, most importantly, music-purchasing females. Plies follows this plan to a tee on the fourth feature from his new album, Street Light, which features the crooning of singer/songwriter Sean Garrett and production work from Midnight Black.
Written by DJ Z on 11/23/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.