Last week, when Plies joined me inside the DJBooth for an exclusive interview, he offered the following insight on his forthcoming new album, Da Realist: “I’m givin’ you something that helps you in the midst of your troubles and your pain.” Records like Family Straight and Second Chance are prime examples of the Florida native’s ability to connect with listeners by delving deeply into the daily life of your average Joe. When an artist (along with their label A&R) compiles an album, however, it also needs to include work that appeals to radio, the clubs, and, most importantly, music-purchasing females. Plies follows this plan to a tee on the fourth feature from his new album, Street Light, which features the crooning of singer/songwriter Sean Garrett and production work from Midnight Black.
Written by DJ Z on 11/23/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.