Last week, when Plies joined me inside the DJBooth for an exclusive interview, he offered the following insight on his forthcoming new album, Da Realist: “I’m givin’ you something that helps you in the midst of your troubles and your pain.” Records like Family Straight and Second Chance are prime examples of the Florida native’s ability to connect with listeners by delving deeply into the daily life of your average Joe. When an artist (along with their label A&R) compiles an album, however, it also needs to include work that appeals to radio, the clubs, and, most importantly, music-purchasing females. Plies follows this plan to a tee on the fourth feature from his new album, Street Light, which features the crooning of singer/songwriter Sean Garrett and production work from Midnight Black.
Written by DJ Z on 11/23/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.