Although all of Plies’ hit singles thus far (Shawty, Hypnotized, Bust It Baby (Pt. 2), Please Excuse My Hands, Put It on Ya) have been geared primarily towards a female audience, not one of them has featured a woman’s voice until now. On the newest single off his recently-released junior album, Da Realist, Plies talks about a certain lady who calls him when she Want It, Need It, as Ashanti brings her smooth and classy style to the forefront once again. The standout point by far, however, is J.R. Rotem‘s uber-soft production. By the time this record reaches its peak, however, we’ll probably be listening to the lead single off Plies’ fourth album, due out in the second quarter of ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 12/18/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.