Although all of Plies’ hit singles thus far (Shawty, Hypnotized, Bust It Baby (Pt. 2), Please Excuse My Hands, Put It on Ya) have been geared primarily towards a female audience, not one of them has featured a woman’s voice until now. On the newest single off his recently-released junior album, Da Realist, Plies talks about a certain lady who calls him when she Want It, Need It, as Ashanti brings her smooth and classy style to the forefront once again. The standout point by far, however, is J.R. Rotem‘s uber-soft production. By the time this record reaches its peak, however, we’ll probably be listening to the lead single off Plies’ fourth album, due out in the second quarter of ‘09.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.