Although all of Plies’ hit singles thus far (Shawty, Hypnotized, Bust It Baby (Pt. 2), Please Excuse My Hands, Put It on Ya) have been geared primarily towards a female audience, not one of them has featured a woman’s voice until now. On the newest single off his recently-released junior album, Da Realist, Plies talks about a certain lady who calls him when she Want It, Need It, as Ashanti brings her smooth and classy style to the forefront once again. The standout point by far, however, is J.R. Rotem‘s uber-soft production. By the time this record reaches its peak, however, we’ll probably be listening to the lead single off Plies’ fourth album, due out in the second quarter of ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 12/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.