Although all of Plies’ hit singles thus far (Shawty, Hypnotized, Bust It Baby (Pt. 2), Please Excuse My Hands, Put It on Ya) have been geared primarily towards a female audience, not one of them has featured a woman’s voice until now. On the newest single off his recently-released junior album, Da Realist, Plies talks about a certain lady who calls him when she Want It, Need It, as Ashanti brings her smooth and classy style to the forefront once again. The standout point by far, however, is J.R. Rotem‘s uber-soft production. By the time this record reaches its peak, however, we’ll probably be listening to the lead single off Plies’ fourth album, due out in the second quarter of ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 12/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.