Artists often complain that their labels do not pay enough attention to them. This might be true. However, one of the perks of being signed to a major label – especially one with a gigantic roster of artists– is the top level talent that is available for 16 blazing bars or an extremely catchy hook. Labels mates Plies and Trey Songz, both of whom would probably love more attention too, figured this out. After Plies jumped on a remix to Trey’s Can’t Help But Wait, Trey has returned the favor and appears on a remix to Plies new single, Bust It Baby. Unlike Trey’s release schedule, though, Plies and Atlantic have decided to hop from one project directly to the next. So while Hypnotized is still at the top of the Billboard and radio charts, Bust It Baby (and its remix) are on the prowl.
Written by DJ Z on 02/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.