Artists often complain that their labels do not pay enough attention to them. This might be true. However, one of the perks of being signed to a major label – especially one with a gigantic roster of artists– is the top level talent that is available for 16 blazing bars or an extremely catchy hook. Labels mates Plies and Trey Songz, both of whom would probably love more attention too, figured this out. After Plies jumped on a remix to Trey’s Can’t Help But Wait, Trey has returned the favor and appears on a remix to Plies new single, Bust It Baby. Unlike Trey’s release schedule, though, Plies and Atlantic have decided to hop from one project directly to the next. So while Hypnotized is still at the top of the Billboard and radio charts, Bust It Baby (and its remix) are on the prowl.
Written by DJ Z on 02/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.