With a slow, smooth beat, you might think that Shawty is a love ballad. But before you peg Plies as this year’s Ne-Yo, take a closer listen to the single, featuring T-Pain. With lyrics threatening beat-downs to any who would cross his lady, and a warning that he might “F**k up your whole life,” this song has a definite edge. Although the vocal effects seem a little out of tune, this tight number ought to do well.
Written by Beeb on 03/28/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.