During his rather brief time on the major scene, rapper Plies has introduced a new phrase to the hip-hop lexicon; the kinda-catchy, Bust It Baby. First used in his breakthrough single Shawty, the Fort Myers, Florida native, will use the title for his upcoming reality show, as well as the first single from his sophomore album Da Definition of Real. Ready to make history, Plies presents Part 2 of his single (not to be confused with the Trey Songz remix), which features the crooning of Ne-Yo over J.R. Rotem‘s upbeat production. Showing their commitment at all costs, the Southwest Florida goon and the Arkansas crooner trade lines about their respective ladies. Da Definition of Real, the follow-up to the gold-certified The Real Testament, will be released on June 24.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.