During his rather brief time on the major scene, rapper Plies has introduced a new phrase to the hip-hop lexicon; the kinda-catchy, Bust It Baby. First used in his breakthrough single Shawty, the Fort Myers, Florida native, will use the title for his upcoming reality show, as well as the first single from his sophomore album Da Definition of Real. Ready to make history, Plies presents Part 2 of his single (not to be confused with the Trey Songz remix), which features the crooning of Ne-Yo over J.R. Rotem‘s upbeat production. Showing their commitment at all costs, the Southwest Florida goon and the Arkansas crooner trade lines about their respective ladies. Da Definition of Real, the follow-up to the gold-certified The Real Testament, will be released on June 24.
Written by Burmy on 03/2/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.