With his current single, Bust It Baby (Pt. 2), steadily taking over the charts, rapper Plies continues to attract new fans to his movement. As if Ne-Yo wasn’t a large enough surprise collaborator on the original version of part two, an even bigger surprise guest has taken up residency on the remix. While producer J.R. Rotem‘s beat, Ne-Yo’s refrain, and Plies’ first verse remain unchanged, the Arkansas crooner’s middle verse is pushed to the third slot, eliminating Plies’ second verse. So, what does this all mean? Simple, that gap in the middle now belongs to seasoned veteran Janet Jackson, whose presence on the track adds a heightened sense of sensuality. For hardcore street music and smooth ladies’ jams, pick up a copy of Plies’ sophomore album, Definition of Real, in stores June 10.
Written by Burmy on 05/19/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.