If you were surprised by the summer release of Plies‘s sophomore album, Definition of Real a mere ten months after his debut, The Real Testament, prepare for another shock; he already has a tentative drop date (December 16) for his junior album, Da Realist. Often wavering between his Bust It Baby and Certified Goon styles of rap, the Fort Myers, Florida native has chosen the latter for his official first single, Pants Hang Low. Making sure that the “third time’s the charm,” Plies scoops up veteran producer Mannie Fresh, who provides a piano-loop beat and offers a few background vocals as well. Though municipal ordinances nationwide continue to clamp down on sagging pants, it doesn’t sound like Plies will be compliant.
Written by Burmy on 08/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.