If you were surprised by the summer release of Plies‘s sophomore album, Definition of Real a mere ten months after his debut, The Real Testament, prepare for another shock; he already has a tentative drop date (December 16) for his junior album, Da Realist. Often wavering between his Bust It Baby and Certified Goon styles of rap, the Fort Myers, Florida native has chosen the latter for his official first single, Pants Hang Low. Making sure that the “third time’s the charm,” Plies scoops up veteran producer Mannie Fresh, who provides a piano-loop beat and offers a few background vocals as well. Though municipal ordinances nationwide continue to clamp down on sagging pants, it doesn’t sound like Plies will be compliant.
Written by Burmy on 08/27/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.