If you were surprised by the summer release of Plies‘s sophomore album, Definition of Real a mere ten months after his debut, The Real Testament, prepare for another shock; he already has a tentative drop date (December 16) for his junior album, Da Realist. Often wavering between his Bust It Baby and Certified Goon styles of rap, the Fort Myers, Florida native has chosen the latter for his official first single, Pants Hang Low. Making sure that the “third time’s the charm,” Plies scoops up veteran producer Mannie Fresh, who provides a piano-loop beat and offers a few background vocals as well. Though municipal ordinances nationwide continue to clamp down on sagging pants, it doesn’t sound like Plies will be compliant.
Written by Burmy on 08/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)