If you were surprised by the summer release of Plies‘s sophomore album, Definition of Real a mere ten months after his debut, The Real Testament, prepare for another shock; he already has a tentative drop date (December 16) for his junior album, Da Realist. Often wavering between his Bust It Baby and Certified Goon styles of rap, the Fort Myers, Florida native has chosen the latter for his official first single, Pants Hang Low. Making sure that the “third time’s the charm,” Plies scoops up veteran producer Mannie Fresh, who provides a piano-loop beat and offers a few background vocals as well. Though municipal ordinances nationwide continue to clamp down on sagging pants, it doesn’t sound like Plies will be compliant.
Written by Burmy on 08/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.