If you were surprised by the summer release of Plies‘s sophomore album, Definition of Real a mere ten months after his debut, The Real Testament, prepare for another shock; he already has a tentative drop date (December 16) for his junior album, Da Realist. Often wavering between his Bust It Baby and Certified Goon styles of rap, the Fort Myers, Florida native has chosen the latter for his official first single, Pants Hang Low. Making sure that the “third time’s the charm,” Plies scoops up veteran producer Mannie Fresh, who provides a piano-loop beat and offers a few background vocals as well. Though municipal ordinances nationwide continue to clamp down on sagging pants, it doesn’t sound like Plies will be compliant.
Written by Burmy on 08/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.