When Plies’ latest buzz single, Pants Hang Low (from his forthcoming junior album, Da Realist) first impacted the Booth in late August, it was met with mixed reviews. In the tradition of his previous hits (see Shawty, Hypnotized, Bust It Baby Pt. 2), the Fort Myers, Florida native and his label, Atlantic Records, have decided to target the ladies with the first official single, Put It on Ya. As on the previously-mentioned past singles, Plies contracts an R&B singer to handle the hook (in this case, it’s new label mate, Chris J). Over legendary producer No I.D.‘s keyboard-heavy beat, Plies asks women what their fantasies are and how he can help make them come true. This record’s obvious radio hit potential should heighten ladies’ (and gents’) expectations for Plies’ third album in sixteen months, Da Realist, in stores and online December 16.
Written by Burmy on 10/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.