When Plies’ latest buzz single, Pants Hang Low (from his forthcoming junior album, Da Realist) first impacted the Booth in late August, it was met with mixed reviews. In the tradition of his previous hits (see Shawty, Hypnotized, Bust It Baby Pt. 2), the Fort Myers, Florida native and his label, Atlantic Records, have decided to target the ladies with the first official single, Put It on Ya. As on the previously-mentioned past singles, Plies contracts an R&B singer to handle the hook (in this case, it’s new label mate, Chris J). Over legendary producer No I.D.‘s keyboard-heavy beat, Plies asks women what their fantasies are and how he can help make them come true. This record’s obvious radio hit potential should heighten ladies’ (and gents’) expectations for Plies’ third album in sixteen months, Da Realist, in stores and online December 16.
Written by Burmy on 10/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.