When Plies’ latest buzz single, Pants Hang Low (from his forthcoming junior album, Da Realist) first impacted the Booth in late August, it was met with mixed reviews. In the tradition of his previous hits (see Shawty, Hypnotized, Bust It Baby Pt. 2), the Fort Myers, Florida native and his label, Atlantic Records, have decided to target the ladies with the first official single, Put It on Ya. As on the previously-mentioned past singles, Plies contracts an R&B singer to handle the hook (in this case, it’s new label mate, Chris J). Over legendary producer No I.D.‘s keyboard-heavy beat, Plies asks women what their fantasies are and how he can help make them come true. This record’s obvious radio hit potential should heighten ladies’ (and gents’) expectations for Plies’ third album in sixteen months, Da Realist, in stores and online December 16.
Written by Burmy on 10/8/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.