When Plies’ latest buzz single, Pants Hang Low (from his forthcoming junior album, Da Realist) first impacted the Booth in late August, it was met with mixed reviews. In the tradition of his previous hits (see Shawty, Hypnotized, Bust It Baby Pt. 2), the Fort Myers, Florida native and his label, Atlantic Records, have decided to target the ladies with the first official single, Put It on Ya. As on the previously-mentioned past singles, Plies contracts an R&B singer to handle the hook (in this case, it’s new label mate, Chris J). Over legendary producer No I.D.‘s keyboard-heavy beat, Plies asks women what their fantasies are and how he can help make them come true. This record’s obvious radio hit potential should heighten ladies’ (and gents’) expectations for Plies’ third album in sixteen months, Da Realist, in stores and online December 16.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!