A new Plies LP is a little like a glazed donut straight off the Krispy Kreme assembly line: prepared fast, steaming hot, and way better than any, uh, rap album you can purchase at Dunkin Donuts—ill-conceived similes aside (I’m a little hungry right now), releasing three best-selling albums in less than two years takes efficiency, dedication, and one hella fide work ethic. On the lead single off what will be his fourth LP in that time span, the emcee sings the praises of a certain woman/sexual euphemism that never fails to turn him on. ‘Becky‘s unrhymability (Trekkie? Wreck me?) leads to a little lyrical awkwardness, but that only seems to add to the cut’s catchiness—the hilariously repetitive (in a good way) final verse, as well J.R. Rotem‘s street-ready synth boardwork, are going to be on repeat in my (ahem) head for the next day or so. An infectiously raunchy record sure to earn trunk-banging rotation in the Dirty South and beyond, Becky will be included on Plies Goon Affiliated LP (set to drop this September).
Listen to More: Plies Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.