A new Plies LP is a little like a glazed donut straight off the Krispy Kreme assembly line: prepared fast, steaming hot, and way better than any, uh, rap album you can purchase at Dunkin Donuts—ill-conceived similes aside (I’m a little hungry right now), releasing three best-selling albums in less than two years takes efficiency, dedication, and one hella fide work ethic. On the lead single off what will be his fourth LP in that time span, the emcee sings the praises of a certain woman/sexual euphemism that never fails to turn him on. ‘Becky‘s unrhymability (Trekkie? Wreck me?) leads to a little lyrical awkwardness, but that only seems to add to the cut’s catchiness—the hilariously repetitive (in a good way) final verse, as well J.R. Rotem‘s street-ready synth boardwork, are going to be on repeat in my (ahem) head for the next day or so. An infectiously raunchy record sure to earn trunk-banging rotation in the Dirty South and beyond, Becky will be included on Plies Goon Affiliated LP (set to drop this September).
Listen to More: Plies
Written by richard on 06/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got 'Em Hatin" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.