In Pleasure P‘s recent interview with our own DJ Z, the singer was eager to discuss the more mature outlook that would set his solo work apart from his Pretty Ricky-era output, and his latest single can be viewed as a case in point—where the foursome dealt mostly in single-entendre jams, Pleasure P the solo artist prefers to play it a bit more subtly, knowing that a little innuendo can go a long way. On this track, the singer dives Under for a special lady, promising not to come up for air till she’s “...screamin’ ‘I give up!’” And what could be more wholesome or romantic than a moonlit swim… right? In addition to co-writing the record with Cooper, fellow R&B Heartbreaker Tank amps up the steamy ambiance from behind the boards—though his beat features all the slow-jam staples (piano, windchimes, strings, check, check, and check), his breathlessly syncopated percussion is an inspired touch. If you’re a fan of the new-and-improved, smoother-than-ever Pleasure P, be sure to pick up a copy of The Introduction of Marcus Cooper when it hits stores June 9th.
Written by richard on 05/10/09
Submit your Rating
Entertainment One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Vibe ft. Pleasure P." (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.