In Pleasure P‘s recent interview with our own DJ Z, the singer was eager to discuss the more mature outlook that would set his solo work apart from his Pretty Ricky-era output, and his latest single can be viewed as a case in point—where the foursome dealt mostly in single-entendre jams, Pleasure P the solo artist prefers to play it a bit more subtly, knowing that a little innuendo can go a long way. On this track, the singer dives Under for a special lady, promising not to come up for air till she’s “...screamin’ ‘I give up!’” And what could be more wholesome or romantic than a moonlit swim… right? In addition to co-writing the record with Cooper, fellow R&B Heartbreaker Tank amps up the steamy ambiance from behind the boards—though his beat features all the slow-jam staples (piano, windchimes, strings, check, check, and check), his breathlessly syncopated percussion is an inspired touch. If you’re a fan of the new-and-improved, smoother-than-ever Pleasure P, be sure to pick up a copy of The Introduction of Marcus Cooper when it hits stores June 9th.
Written by richard on 05/10/09
Submit your Rating
Entertainment One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Vibe ft. Pleasure P." (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.