In Pleasure P‘s recent interview with our own DJ Z, the singer was eager to discuss the more mature outlook that would set his solo work apart from his Pretty Ricky-era output, and his latest single can be viewed as a case in point—where the foursome dealt mostly in single-entendre jams, Pleasure P the solo artist prefers to play it a bit more subtly, knowing that a little innuendo can go a long way. On this track, the singer dives Under for a special lady, promising not to come up for air till she’s “...screamin’ ‘I give up!’” And what could be more wholesome or romantic than a moonlit swim… right? In addition to co-writing the record with Cooper, fellow R&B Heartbreaker Tank amps up the steamy ambiance from behind the boards—though his beat features all the slow-jam staples (piano, windchimes, strings, check, check, and check), his breathlessly syncopated percussion is an inspired touch. If you’re a fan of the new-and-improved, smoother-than-ever Pleasure P, be sure to pick up a copy of The Introduction of Marcus Cooper when it hits stores June 9th.
Written by richard on 05/10/09
Submit your Rating
Entertainment One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Vibe ft. Pleasure P." (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.