In Pleasure P‘s recent interview with our own DJ Z, the singer was eager to discuss the more mature outlook that would set his solo work apart from his Pretty Ricky-era output, and his latest single can be viewed as a case in point—where the foursome dealt mostly in single-entendre jams, Pleasure P the solo artist prefers to play it a bit more subtly, knowing that a little innuendo can go a long way. On this track, the singer dives Under for a special lady, promising not to come up for air till she’s “...screamin’ ‘I give up!’” And what could be more wholesome or romantic than a moonlit swim… right? In addition to co-writing the record with Cooper, fellow R&B Heartbreaker Tank amps up the steamy ambiance from behind the boards—though his beat features all the slow-jam staples (piano, windchimes, strings, check, check, and check), his breathlessly syncopated percussion is an inspired touch. If you’re a fan of the new-and-improved, smoother-than-ever Pleasure P, be sure to pick up a copy of The Introduction of Marcus Cooper when it hits stores June 9th.
Listen to More: Pleasure P
Written by richard on 05/10/09
Submit your Rating
Entertainment One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Vibe ft. Pleasure P." (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.