With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, the single among us are undoubtedly spending more time than usual browsing old flames’ Facebook pages, thinking about what might have been and maybe even debating dropping them a line. Even Pleasure P‘s getting in on it. On new mixtape single Letter to My Ex (his first feature since June 2012’s I Love Girls), the crooner born Marcus Cooper reaches out to a woman from his past. After letting her know just how much he still misses her, he makes clear that the door’s still open, should she want to reconnect: “Still got your number in my phone / I’m just hoping it will ring, maybe it’s a dream.” An uncredited beatsmith provides a tender, string-laced instrumental to back the Pretty Ricky alum’s wistful verses. Pleasure P’s Break Up to Make Up tape has yet to be assigned a drop date, but fans can keep it locked for release details, as well as all the latest singles.
Written by richard on 02/10/14
Submit your Rating
Entertainment One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Vibe ft. Pleasure P." (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.