When former Pretty Ricky frontman Pleasure P announced that he was going the solo route, several were skeptical as to whether he could achieve success outside the group. What they didn’t realize is that his three brothers were rappers—Pleasure’s presence was what made audiences think Pretty Ricky was an R&B boy band. Thus, the group’s been struggling without him, and he’s been riding high on the popularity of Boyfriend #2 (currently #2 on our R&B Chart and #70 on the Billboard Hot 100). The inevitable remix (whether or not it’s official is currently unknown), retains Pleasure’s hook and Rico Love & EHood‘s synth-heavy beat, but adds a guest artist who, considering the record’s freaky theme, couldn’t be a more fitting addition—here, Ludacris lets all the ladies whose primary men aren’t getting the job done know that he’s just the guy to supply what they’re missing. Expect a big piece of what the R&B game’s been missing to make its triumphant return when Pleasure P’s debut album, The Introduction of Marcus Cooper, drops this summer.
Entertainment One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Vibe ft. Pleasure P." (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.