When former Pretty Ricky frontman Pleasure P announced that he was going the solo route, several were skeptical as to whether he could achieve success outside the group. What they didn’t realize is that his three brothers were rappers—Pleasure’s presence was what made audiences think Pretty Ricky was an R&B boy band. Thus, the group’s been struggling without him, and he’s been riding high on the popularity of Boyfriend #2 (currently #2 on our R&B Chart and #70 on the Billboard Hot 100). The inevitable remix (whether or not it’s official is currently unknown), retains Pleasure’s hook and Rico Love & EHood‘s synth-heavy beat, but adds a guest artist who, considering the record’s freaky theme, couldn’t be a more fitting addition—here, Ludacris lets all the ladies whose primary men aren’t getting the job done know that he’s just the guy to supply what they’re missing. Expect a big piece of what the R&B game’s been missing to make its triumphant return when Pleasure P’s debut album, The Introduction of Marcus Cooper, drops this summer.
Written by Burmy on 04/21/09
Submit your Rating
Entertainment One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Vibe ft. Pleasure P." (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)