When former Pretty Ricky frontman Pleasure P announced that he was going the solo route, several were skeptical as to whether he could achieve success outside the group. What they didn’t realize is that his three brothers were rappers—Pleasure’s presence was what made audiences think Pretty Ricky was an R&B boy band. Thus, the group’s been struggling without him, and he’s been riding high on the popularity of Boyfriend #2 (currently #2 on our R&B Chart and #70 on the Billboard Hot 100). The inevitable remix (whether or not it’s official is currently unknown), retains Pleasure’s hook and Rico Love & EHood‘s synth-heavy beat, but adds a guest artist who, considering the record’s freaky theme, couldn’t be a more fitting addition—here, Ludacris lets all the ladies whose primary men aren’t getting the job done know that he’s just the guy to supply what they’re missing. Expect a big piece of what the R&B game’s been missing to make its triumphant return when Pleasure P’s debut album, The Introduction of Marcus Cooper, drops this summer.
Written by Burmy on 04/21/09
Submit your Rating
Entertainment One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Vibe ft. Pleasure P." (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.