Though Pleasure P‘s debut album, The Introduction of Marcus Cooper (due out June 9), is composed primarily of slow jams, the singer hasn’t completely abandoned the party-driven sound that made his former group, Pretty Ricky, popular. Case in point: the official remix to his #1 urban radio hit, Boyfriend #2. Though his vocals are unchanged, Pleasure’s called in a couple connects to help the record earn spins in strictly-uptempo spots. As Pleasure’s Atlantic labelmate (and Shone collaborator), Flo Rida, shows exactly why he’s the club-hop king, The Council flips Rico Love and EHood‘s original tune into something you can’t help but get up and move to! This remix is the perfect candidate for club rotation, and if any fellas are lucky enough to pick a lady up while they’re out, they can pop in The Introduction of Marcus Cooper once they arrive home.
Written by Burmy on 05/17/09
Submit your Rating
Entertainment One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Vibe ft. Pleasure P." (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.