Even though three of its four members were rappers, Pretty Ricky was widely considered an R&B group. The reason behind that label is the group’s former singer, Pleasure P, who carried much of the load on both their albums. Now that he’s left the group to be a solo artist, Pleasure P is ready to celebrate and Party All Night. Despite the credits, P Squared only contributes to the song’s hook; manager Bmac provides some DJ Drama-like ad libs over verses by Slim Thug (the only guest most of the audience will recognize), Sharissa (who has been quiet since her ‘05 R. Kelly duet In Love With A Thug), and previously unknown rapper Dalihes. Despite the sub par guest list, Pleasure stands out on this soon-to-be chart hit. Now that’s a reason to party all night!
Written by Burmy on 12/3/07
Submit your Rating
Entertainment One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Vibe ft. Pleasure P." (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.