Although our good friends at Ozone Magazine recently named Decatur, Georgia-born Playboy Tre as “patiently waiting” to blow, the emcee and his solo work are damn near-ready to burst onto the spotlight. Already having collaborated with A-listers like Lil’ Jon and the YoungBloodz, Tre makes a new play for listeners’ ears on the potential single, Liquor Store Mascot. Over a beat full of epic synths and chorusing trumpets, Tre represents for his ’hood and “keeps an ice-cold grill” for the outsiders. The record, produced by ATL resident and good friend B.o.B., is only one facet of the diversity that Tre will feature on his forthcoming debut, GA Durt. Though the album has no set release date yet, expect Tre to bring the heat, along with some of his famous friends, when it hits stores next year.
Written by Carly on 10/26/08
Submit your Rating
Georgia Dirt Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nite Life ft. B.o.B." (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.