When Playaz Circle leaked their popular hit single, Duffle Bag Boy, in March of ‘07, it took more than five months before the record sparked the attention of the label heads at Def Jam and landed the duo a release date for their long, lost, and nearly dead debut, Supply & Demand. Though the project stalled after the second single, Betta Knock, the College Park, Georgia street vets are looking toward the future and their next project, Flight 360: The Takeoff. Off that forthcoming release is the new song, Look What I Got, which finds Titi Boi and Dolla Boy trading verses about the new cars and expensive toys they’ve recently purchased. Though the topic of flaunting one’s wealth has become somewhat monotonous, the duo impress lyrically, over a sharp Southern-tinged beat.
Written by DJ Z on 03/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Duffle Bag Boyz ft. Lil' Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.