When Playaz Circle leaked their popular hit single, Duffle Bag Boy, in March of ‘07, it took more than five months before the record sparked the attention of the label heads at Def Jam and landed the duo a release date for their long, lost, and nearly dead debut, Supply & Demand. Though the project stalled after the second single, Betta Knock, the College Park, Georgia street vets are looking toward the future and their next project, Flight 360: The Takeoff. Off that forthcoming release is the new song, Look What I Got, which finds Titi Boi and Dolla Boy trading verses about the new cars and expensive toys they’ve recently purchased. Though the topic of flaunting one’s wealth has become somewhat monotonous, the duo impress lyrically, over a sharp Southern-tinged beat.
Written by DJ Z on 03/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Duffle Bag Boyz ft. Lil' Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.