When Playaz Circle leaked their popular hit single, Duffle Bag Boy, in March of ‘07, it took more than five months before the record sparked the attention of the label heads at Def Jam and landed the duo a release date for their long, lost, and nearly dead debut, Supply & Demand. Though the project stalled after the second single, Betta Knock, the College Park, Georgia street vets are looking toward the future and their next project, Flight 360: The Takeoff. Off that forthcoming release is the new song, Look What I Got, which finds Titi Boi and Dolla Boy trading verses about the new cars and expensive toys they’ve recently purchased. Though the topic of flaunting one’s wealth has become somewhat monotonous, the duo impress lyrically, over a sharp Southern-tinged beat.
Written by DJ Z on 03/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Duffle Bag Boyz ft. Lil' Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.