When Playaz Circle leaked their popular hit single, Duffle Bag Boy, in March of ‘07, it took more than five months before the record sparked the attention of the label heads at Def Jam and landed the duo a release date for their long, lost, and nearly dead debut, Supply & Demand. Though the project stalled after the second single, Betta Knock, the College Park, Georgia street vets are looking toward the future and their next project, Flight 360: The Takeoff. Off that forthcoming release is the new song, Look What I Got, which finds Titi Boi and Dolla Boy trading verses about the new cars and expensive toys they’ve recently purchased. Though the topic of flaunting one’s wealth has become somewhat monotonous, the duo impress lyrically, over a sharp Southern-tinged beat.
Written by DJ Z on 03/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Duffle Bag Boyz ft. Lil' Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.