For the better part of the 2000s, Playaz Circle languished in label hell, bouncing from one distributor to another as they searched in vain for a viable single. Then, in March of ‘07, Duffle Bag Boy, hit the Web. Originally slated to appear on DTP compilation album Strength in Numbers, the Weezy-featuring summer anthem’s success led Ludacris to shelf the comp and use the record to get the duo’s debut album, Supply & Demand, onto store shelves. Two years later, Tity Boi and Dolla Boy need the same push to get sophomore effort Flight 360 released. Enter Weezy, who contributes an infectious, Autotuned hook to the “weed and syrup”-inspired Big Dog. Tity and Dolla’s slow-paced verses and Wonder Arillo‘s hypnotic, keyboard-heavy beat (similar to M-16‘s on DBB) are sure to remind listeners of the duo’s breakout hit. Big Dog is proof that Playaz Circle know how to make a hit—but if listeners still aren’t sold, than look out for our feature of their second official single, Hold Up, next week. Find out this summer, when Flight 360 touches down at record shops and online retailers everywhere.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Duffle Bag Boyz ft. Lil' Wayne" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.